About EMC Meetings & Events:
Established in 2001, EMC Meetings & Events is an industry leader for the production, planning and execution of quality event, meeting and conference management services. We partner with our clients, becoming an integral member of their team, to provide them with available services that include: 1) venue sourcing; 2) meeting planning and execution; 3) meeting event technology. Our dedicated staff utilize their expertise and customer focus to work with clients to understand their objectives and, with them, create a customized, cost-effective program from our suite of service offerings. We have the essential technology, buying power and vendor partnerships, as well as the resources, for each one of our clients to meet with success.
EMC Meetings & Events is seeking a highly professional and technologically adept individual to provide professional support and oversight of the Technology Department. This role will be responsible for the operations of technology, event websites/apps, data management, and other analytics. The Event Technology Manager will consistently deliver exceptional service to our clients through excellent project management.
This position is responsible for managing the client relationship to drive event strategy, the virtual planning process, and the execution of virtual events. The role will encompass project management, time management, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills. The role will also include overseeing additional virtual event manager positions and working across the organization to sell/build out additional portions of the virtual event. Also, the role will be responsible for identifying and maintaining management of Training Operations Technology Systems, procedures, and policies that enable and encourage the optimum performance of the team.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the EMC virtual events calendar aligned with other events.
- Assign project-based roles and work with the VP of Operations to assign contracted event roles.
- Work with client to make event platform recommendations, set event expectations, and manage the virtual event lifecycle in its entirety.
- Create comprehensive event project plans, conduct regular checkpoints with clients and other deliverable owners.
- Escalate risks and challenges appropriately and ensure the event is delivered on time and to the highest quality.
- Drive all event testing and quality control procedures before and during events.
- Work with sales to set event expectations and appropriate timelines and consult on appropriate event platforms.
- Deliver post-event reports with data-driven analysis including attendee feedback, goal attainment, and recommendations for future event improvements
- Own creation, production, and execution of large site-wide in-person or virtual events in line with virtual and onsite schedule
- Build out and manage events on the Cvent registration platform, or other client-designated platform.
- Work collaboratively with other registration team members to delegate tasks and manage all client needs.
- Coordinate all contracted technological logistics in association with meetings or events including registration, online housing block, staff scheduling, attendee management, onsite badge printing,
- Support clients on and off-site during meeting based on needs.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Expert knowledge of Cvent required and other virtual event platforms
- Employee should be extremely detail-oriented and have hands-on experience in planning, producing, and promoting virtual events.
- Ability to self-start as well as work as part of a team.
- Experience in working within a demanding, fast-paced environment to very high standards.
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks conforming to shifting priorities and timelines.
- Strong team player motivated to work collaboratively across a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with, and relate to, individuals of all levels, both within and outside the organization.
- Flexible and willing to work outside of normal business hours (evenings, weekends) and travel when required to be on-site at events and/or troubleshoot remotely
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office – specifically with Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Customer focus and approachable demeanor
- Independent and critical thinker with a keen sense of judgment
- Quick and strategic problem solver
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and at least 5 years professional experience in program management.
- Experience that demonstrates the ability to create new, virtual event programs from the ground up and advise clients of best practices.
- Project management skills with demonstrated ability to work across different teams to complete tasks.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.