Blue Meridian Partners is a pioneering philanthropic model for finding and funding scalable solutions to the problems that limit economic mobility and trap America’s young people and families in poverty.
We know solutions exist, but even the most promising strategies cannot reach far enough, fast enough without significant, long-term investment. We bring an innovative, investor mindset backed by a decades-long track record to the pursuit of upward economic mobility for individuals and communities. Core to our mission is addressing systemic inequities and the injustices they create. By pooling resources, our Partners can unlock substantial philanthropic capital and invest effectively and efficiently.
Anchored by our carefully tested, performance-based investing approach, Blue Meridian makes strategic, long-term investments across multiple portfolios aimed at boosting economic mobility from cradle to career. We support both nationwide and place-based strategies in order to amplify impact across the country as well as within specific communities. We identify visionary social sector leaders who address key drivers of poverty – including youth unemployment, unplanned pregnancy, and engagement with the criminal justice system – and invest the flexible, upfront capital they need to dream bigger and exponentially expand their reach, influence, and impact.
We are constantly learning, exploring, and seeking out new collaborations in relentless pursuit of creating lasting impact at scale that can change the life trajectories of millions of young people and families in America. Blue Meridian is staffed by an experienced team of results-focused leaders and we welcome other mission-driven champions to join us.
Reporting to the Chief Strategic Development and Chief Governance Officer, with a dotted line to the Chief Brand Officer, the Events Coordinator will work closely with staff across Investor Relations, Branding and Communications, the CEO’s Office, and with the culture working group to support in-person and virtual engagement strategies for Blue Meridian’s growing external community, as well as support internal staff events.
New York City. Hybrid work arrangement allowed.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Logistics support includes but is not limited to venue research, contracting, menu selection, registration, seating arrangements, budget management, attendee communications, coordinating travel and accommodations, day-of event execution, and relevant follow-up.
- Project management support includes but is not limited to developing and managing workplans, issuing progress reports, and supporting follow-up by task owners.
- Provide project management and logistics support for in-person, virtual and hybrid investor meetings (currently four General Partner and four Impact Partner meetings a year, and potentially meetings for prospective partners).
- Provide project management and logistics support for multi-day summit which includes investors, investees and outside guests and speakers (next one is slated for spring 2022). Additionally, provide this same support for other brand-building events and activities added in the future.
- Provide project management and logistics support for two in-person all-staff meetings and two in-person staff development or celebration events a year, working with the culture working chair and its group members, as well as other internal events and meetings to be developed (which may be in person, virtual or hybrid).
- Ensure consistency and efficiencies in approach across events.
- Capture notes and feedback throughout planning meetings and debriefs.
- Collaborate and communicate professionally with a variety of stakeholders including external. consultants and vendors; senior leaders; Partners, investees, and their support staff.
- Identify areas for continuous improvement and devise strategies to implement and advance these.
- Aligned with Blue Meridian’s mission and core values.
- An undergraduate degree (or equivalent experience) and at least five years of hands-on directly relevant experience coordinating and executing successful in-person, virtual and hybrid events.
- Perspective from direct experience living or working in communities with significant low income or otherwise disenfranchised peoples preferred.
- Experience working in financial services, law firms, higher education or hospitality sectors is a plus
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including a very strong attention to detail and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a fluid, dynamic environment, and to adapt to the changing needs of a fast-paced organization while remaining focused on a project’s goals and deadlines.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a professional and genial demeanor, and the ability to work with people with different backgrounds and experiences.
- Strong computer skills, with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint and the ability to master new software quickly. Knowledge of Asana and Zoom is a plus.
- Sound judgment, ability to use discretion and keep matters confidential, listen well, and be objective.
- Comfort level with working independently and as part of a collaborative team via a hybrid working structure, ability to participate in ongoing Zoom calls and join in-person meetings in New York.
- Willing to travel as needed.
How to Apply
For consideration please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume. The cover letter should speak to alignment and/or interest in Blue Meridian’s mission. Applications can be submitted via the Blue Meridian Partners Careers page. No phone calls or in-person applications, please.
Blue Meridian Partners is committed to equal employment opportunity, without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran status, prior record of arrest or conviction, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. These opportunities include all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including (but not limited to) recruiting, hiring, job assignment, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, and termination.
 This position description is a guide to the primary duties and functions of the job, not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, qualifications, physical demands and work environment conditions. Position descriptions are reviewed and may be revised to meet the changing needs of Blue Meridian Partners at the sole discretion of management.
Location/Region: New York