As a member of the Operations team, the Event Operations Manager supports the Operations Director in planning and executing the events portfolio. This includes managing all logistical needs before, during and after the events.
This position plays a key role in the organization with significant responsibility, crossover into other departments and interaction with external stakeholders. The company is an energetic startup with a mission to transform the future of health through providing a platform for the top executives and leaders in the industry to come together to enact change throughout the year. The team is very passionate about this mission. This position is based in New York City. At the current time, 3 days are in the office and 2 working from your home office.
- Execute meeting logistics including room specifications, AV requirements, signage plans, and all advance activities
- Manage key event vendors from RFPs, contracting, to billing
○ This includes, but is not limited to, venue(s), destination management companies, temp staffing agencies, transportation companies, security, onsite tech vendors, etc.
- Responsible for building and managing budgets
- Liaise with partners and sponsors of programming hosted by the Foundation at live events including partner agreements, sponsor fulfillment, speaker logistics and onsite management of programs
- Oversee all special events for each conference, including but not limited to: budget development, run of shows, venue site visits, venue correspondence, vendor booking and general communications
- Implement cross-functional team strategies and processes using project management tools (Asana, Salesforce, G-Suite)
- Assist (as needed) with our digital content and virtual offerings
○ GoLive Webinars
○ Announcement Spotlight
○ Entrée digital networking events
- 2-3 years experience working in B2B events, conferences, and/or trade shows
- Exceptional organizational skills, especially when facing multiple priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment
- Be extremely detail-oriented, be a take-charge problem-solver
- Take ownership of work and see projects through completion
- Comfortable with client facing activities and working with high-level executives
- Eagerness to learn fast and be flexible (our industry and company moves fast and roles often change/grow as we grow)
- An overall positive attitude
Our Tech Stack..
Experience with any of these will be useful:
- Google Workspace
- Other platforms: Jublia, Swapcard, Wordpress, Squarespace, AWS, Formstack
Salary & Benefits:
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package
This is not a remote role, must be able to work in our midtown office (NYC).
Location/Region: New York, NY