Is this the right opportunity for you?
A pharma planning role but will consider those without pharma meetings experience! (It is a plus though)
Remote - work form home office opportunity (if you live in New Jersey even better)
Will consider those from the supplier side with logistics experience ( yes, you can move to the planning side)
Work with great people and career growth potential.
The Manager, Meetings & Events is responsible for managing pharmaceutical programs and will work directly with the Account Team on developing and executing strategic marketing and medical educational/training programs for our clients in the medical aesthetics field. The individual in this position must be detail oriented, show a high level of professionalism and customer service, with an attitude of ownership for program success and client satisfaction.
The Manager, Meetings & Events reports to the Director of Meetings and Events and will work directly with the Account team to help build and execute programs from start to finish. Strong knowledge and experience planning and managing on-site meetings/programs, managing vendors, booking venues and travel, communicating with healthcare professionals, and managing and reconciling budgets within the pharmaceutical industry is essential for this position.
- Work directly with client Account Contact on brand management
- Manage full-service meetings and conference related events
- Manage all logistical aspects of program from inception to execution, through reconciliation.
- Collaborate with IT/ web developers to customize registration websites & electronic communication
· Manage HCP communications, registration and travel, contract delivery, and payments
- CVENT attendee management and registration experience is a plus
- Hire and manage third-party vendors such as AV, display, equipment rental, and décor companies.
- Research and negotiate hotel venues and meeting space, and manage on-site food and beverage requirements
- Attendee management
- Booking travel, and ground transportation
- Develop print materials: event flow, invitations, confirmations, Welcome Packet documents
- Manage program budget through the reconciliation process after the program ends
- Travel to meeting locations & manage all aspects of on-site events
- Willingness to work within an environment that includes biohazard materials and complete the required training
- Upholding the compliance, privacy, and pharma standards for each client
Qualifications & Software/Technology:
- 5+ years of relevant meeting management experience
- Experience within the Pharmaceutical Industry and knowledge of the Sunshine Act a plus
- On-site event coordination & vendor management experience, including third party vendors
- Experience working with hotels, DMCs, and transportation companies
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated ability in managing multiple/competing priorities
- Must have strong multi-tasking ability to manage individual and team workload
- Manage internal & external budgets and expenses
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creativity and enthusiasm
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Attention to detail a MUST
- Microsoft Office Suite – Excel, Word, Power point, Outlook
- Adobe Acrobat and ESign
- Will manage a group of meeting managers and coordinators
- Travel required; approximately 35% percent (occasionally on weekends). Could be 1-2 times per month or more depending on program demands and seasonality.