Responsible for the planning and execution of highly complex events from conception through to completion. Mentorship of multiple direct line reports and champions of touch operational process.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Support the Account Lead in the implementation of all client relationship strategies
- Develop existing and new relationships with key clients
- Support the Account Lead in the preparation of RFP & proposals as required
- Attend client pitch / presentation as required
- Support the Account Lead at general client meetings, calls and reviews as required
- Lead project specific client meetings and calls involving multiple agencies
- Lead and direct highly complex projects ensuring the highest quality standards are upheld throughout the project’s life cycle, with minimal supervision.
- Full comprehension of the scope and project objectives and establish clear roles and responsibilities for project team members.
- Set, communicate, and drive timelines and priorities within each project. Effectively preventing or managing any associated risks if clients/internal project teams are unable to keep to timelines.
- Champion and adhere to touch best practices and use of touch project management tools
- Lead regular project status meetings throughout project life cycle and ensure clear and fluid lines of communication between client stakeholders and internal departments are deployed
- Build and maintain effective strategic supplier relationships, negotiating beneficial rates and terms, manage contracting and ongoing communications with all third-party suppliers, leveraging volume discounts, undertaking contract reviews, and checking emergency procedures. Ensure all third-party suppliers understand the key event objectives and adhere to touch or client prescribed service levels.
- Maximise revenue opportunities on all projects (touch amplified services)
- Workstream management – strong understanding and can speak confidently to all workstream products, services, and responsibilities to effectively manage timelines for all workstreams internally as well as confidently manage client expectations/deadlines
- Project resource management – dynamic management of project team capacity and ensuring sufficient levels of support are allocated to you job
- Lead onsite management of project (virtual or live) to include but not limited to
- Conduct full debrief with internal team prior to client de brief and provide live examples of where improvements can be made
- Manage any post event reporting requirements within timeframe supplied
- Lead and execute client specific SLA’s and process requirements
- Ensure compliance with all client privacy and security protocols
- Flexibility to work across multiple accounts
- Ability to understand multiple sector needs and requirements including Healthcare / Pharmaceutical/ Automotive/ Cosmetic/ Airline/ Gas & Oil etc.
- Conduct full staff briefing when arrive onsite (including walkthrough slides)
- Conduct full client walkthrough
- Schedule and conduct all hotel / supplier pre cons (live only)
- Daily staff & client briefing (confirming in writing to the team any changes to the schedule/ action plan for the day ahead)
- Oversight of every workstream
- Ability to fire fight and problem solve when challenges arise
- Ability to jump into all onsite roles at any time and deliver
- Dynamic risk assessment and emergency planning
- Hosting of client team where required
- Full onsite debrief with all suppliers (preparing for reconciliation and client debrief)
Budget Reconciliation & Finance Management:
- Manage complex budgets which may pull together multiple workstreams and country billing.
- Provide quotes for any additional/ out of scope items ensuring associated management fees are added.
- Ensure client savings document/ negotiation trackers are completed
- Keep track of any financial changes, savings and enhancements throughout the project. Provide regular budget revisions to client and ensure we have correct PO cover.
- Manage payment schedule with Project Finance to ensure invoicing dates and payment terms are met
- Cash flow management
- Ensure currency exchange is managed in line with financial updates and checked regularly
- Margin analysis – maximizing both gross margin and operating margin
- Ensure all team members are aware of hours allocated in budget and are tracking against their Clockify hours. Analyse project team time recorded to the job to ensure detail and accuracy. Suggest effective solutions to improve resource utilisation across the lifecycle of the project.
- Ensure prompt final budget reconciliation (maximum 45 days or client specific)
- Provide leadership, motivation, direction and support to your line reports and junior members of the team. This includes weekly f2f meetings and having a presence in the office.
- Conduct and execute weekly 1-1 meetings with line reports.
- Responsible for line reports personal development plans, providing measurable goals and objectives. This includes honest feedback and guidance on where improvements can be made.
- Manage and oversee the team’s adherence to PROJECT LAB 360
- Work with the governance team to regularly improve and update PROJECT LAB 360
- Helping to manage line reports capacity and suggest solutions for resource requirements to Operations Lead for approval
- Provisional approval for holidays and lieu days for all direct reports, seeking final approval via Operations Lead
- Input of timesheet activity daily
- Ensure compliance with company privacy and security protocols
- Ensure compliance with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) 2018 Regulations
- Manage and submit personal expenses and credit card reconciliations within timeframes specified
- Work collaboratively with Board, Peers, and all teams to ensure effective delivery of all client projects, including travelling on site as required.
- Attend company training days as and when required.
- Attend company meetings as and when required.
- Undertake any additional task as required to support the business.
Location/Region: Princeton, NJ