PCA seeks an enthusiastic, independent, and attentive professional to provide high-level administrative support, to the organization’s Executive Committee, Board of Directors, and Council/Committee Volunteers.
Reporting to the Sr. VP Communications and Media Relations, the Director, Membership & Administrative Services will be responsible for providing organizational and tactical support to PCA’s CEO, Board Chairman, and Corporate Secretary; functioning as the primary contact person for the Board of Directors and associated working groups, including Council and Committee Volunteers.
This position is designed to increase communication and expand member engagement; building on the value for PCA programs, products, and services. And, at times will communicate directly, on behalf of the CEO and Corporate Secretary.
Travel approximately 4-7 times per calendar year. Includes some weekends and evening work hours. Travel estimate 10-20%.
This Director position description describes the general nature of the position responsibilities. The information provided herein does not necessarily cover all aspects of the position and is not intended to be a complete list of all expected tasks and accountabilities.
Additional responsibilities and elements of the description may be added, changed or deleted by management, at any time either in writing or verbally.
The Director will successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including writing invitations, reminder notices, acknowledgment letters, and other correspondence in a professional manner.
The position requires the Director to identify opportunities, prioritize requirements, handle matters expeditiously, and proactively, through successful completion.
Responsibilities also include the operational functions of both the Washington, DC, and Skokie, IL offices. The Director will have a direct report to assist with several business and operational activities, including oversight and execution of the PCA database.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to fully train under the guidance of the Corporate Secretary/VP, Membership Services.
- Manage and facilitate internal meetings for the CEO, senior staff and member visits.
- Develop and maintain excellent communication with the CEO and members of the Board.
- Coordinate all logistical details for board and committee meetings, including the scheduling, preliminary mailings, agendas, minutes, and any other special considerations.
- Coordinate all activities for new Board and committee member orientation including scheduling, refining all orientation materials and summary reports, and survey follow-up.
- Record and distribute draft minutes following each Board or Committee meeting, where applicable.
- Manage and maintain records for the Board and all standing committees, working groups, and task forces, including minutes, bylaws, policies, and resolutions.
- Initiate drafts for annual calendar and agendas.
- Create mailings, newsletters, and other materials.
- Manage print production of meetings and event materials with other departments including signage, brochures, handouts, etc.
- Monitor hotel room block via sister association(s).
- Maintain via a direct report, up-to-date contact information via the Aptify database, in order to send emails, benchmark engagement, track progress, and manage governance issues, such as committee assignments.
- Work with other departments regarding programs that support member engagement & services including services and communications.
- Work with staff to organize all Council, Committee, and PCA meetings, and workshops.
- Coordinate meeting budgets and registration with sister association(s).
- Oversee event registration and billing, when applicable.
- Oversee and manage banquet event orders, room sets, audiovisual, and staff on-site, where applicable.
- Guide PCA event staff on site.