A culture of purpose: Where will your BCD M&E career take you?
As perfectionists, artists, strategic thinkers and leaders in the industry, we believe culture is defined by its people. We are looking for exceptional people who rise to our standards while bringing their unique perspective to the table. Are you interested in adding to both our mission and our energy? If so, we want to hear from you!
Senior Meeting Planner
We are looking for a Senior Meeting Planner to join our dynamic team. In this client facing role, you will responsible for the development, planning and overall operational execution of complex meetings, conferences, conventions, high-level incentive travel programs, and/or special events for customers. You will collaborate with peers and vendors alike to ensure each event is executed flawlessly from site selection, to registration, to room set & menu planning through onsite execution, budget reconciliation and everything in between. You keep projects running on time, on budget and have mastered the art of managing multiple priorities at once. Sound like you? Read on!
- Act as the main point of contact for your client, and ensure all milestones are clearly communicated and met. Be consultative in your approach. Afterall, you're an expert in event management.
- Work with your client and peers on procuring an ideal venue for each event.
- Build, monitor and maintain concise and accurate event budgets. Think outside of the box on creative cost savings ideas. Negotiate vendor contracts and build long lasting partnerships.
- Partner with your team mates to create clear & simple attendee communications and registration websites. Create a well-timed and accurate communication plan.
- Communicate effectively with all hotel & vendor partners. You'll be responsible for hotel rooms, designing and communicating room sets, AV/Production needs, offsite and team building events, ground transportation and signage (and more!).
- Ensure everyone, from client to attendee to staff person has a positive and memorable experience from invitation stage, through onsite, and departure. We aim to please!
You're good at
- Communicating with clients. You have the ability to own the room and convey confidence, knowledge of best practices in events and a professional presence at first impression and on-going.
- Managing multiple priorities and being adaptable. You have exceptional problem-solving skills, are calm under pressure and work well in a collaborative environment.
- Plan and manage high-level incentive travel programs, which include multi-million-dollar budgets, VIP audiences and complex level of details.
- Facilitate the creative direction and fulfillment of program related participant and host communication materials, including, but not limited to save the dates, registration announcements, room gifts, pre-trip and on-site materials, including program signage and participant name badges.
- Establishing long lasting, professional relationships with clients, co-workers and vendors.
- Cvent, Excel and Microsoft Office Suite.
You might also have
- A college degree from a 4- year institution.
- The ability to travel regularly.
- 5+ years in a lead planner role.
What we offer you
- A culture of purpose where we are invested in your happiness and career growth
- Competitive salary and benefits package
How to apply
Click apply now to be considered.
Get to know BCD M&E:
At BCD Meetings & Events (BCD M&E), we provide more than meeting and event planning and execution. We are in the business of creating impactful human connections that matter. Connections that inspire, motivate and change behavior for our customers. As the world's most trusted and innovative meetings and events agency, BCD M&E cultivates a culture of people, passion and purpose to drive business forward.
Headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the world, BCD M&E's team of 1,500+ people are committed to driving success for our customers, our business and ourselves.
See if you belong at bcdme.com.
About this company
Elevating experiences. It’s why we exist. At BCD Meetings & Events, we work with our clients to create moments that elevate, motivate, celebrate and inspire. As a world-leader in experience design and execution, we use our global network, vast connections and buying power and combine it with our relentless passion, our unmatched knowledge and our wild imagination. The result? Experiences that are memorable. Tangible. Surprising. Stressless. Beautiful. And perfectly suited for our client’s needs and strategic intent.
Our purpose is straightforward. We want to connect people all over the world to create relationships, drive global business growth and support local communities. With a team of passionate people, and a passion to overdeliver, we’re looking for exceptional people who rise to our standards while bringing their unique perspective to the table
Location/Region: Morristown, NJ