EMC Meetings & Events is a full service 3rd party agency serving a variety of customers to assist
in designing and executing meetings, events and incentives through proactive solutions, innovation and
the power of imagination. We provide elevated experiences that create extraordinary impact for
our customers. We are actively hiring for an Event Technology Specialist with emphasis and experience in Conference/event management systems and Cvent registration website and attendee mobile apps. We are interested in hiring someone from NJ, TX, IN or Fl due to the logistics of our staff and events.
The Event Technology Specialist will work full-time, and remotely, during normal business hours, from your home office in a quiet and private space. Must be able to work daily 8:30—5:00, including evenings and weekends as necessary. Ability to travel 5 – 10 % of the time.
The ideal Event Technology Specialist will be responsible for:
• Management of the Cvent technology systems (event registration; creation, testing and
implementation of event websites and registration forms; housing and travel management;
• Determining the scope of event registration per client requirements, providing guidance and
recommendations in functionality, structure, flow of event websites and registration forms
• Identifying and implementing ongoing improvements of existing registration processes and
• Communicating on an ongoing basis with clients and team members
• Supporting the registration processes, including attendee list management, rooming list
management, reporting and attendee communication
• Serving as primary contact for participant calls and questions
• Assisting with Mobile App development and management
• Managing all Badge OnDemand equipment ordering with preferred vendor as assigned
• Providing onsite support as assigned
The ideal Event Technology Specialist will have the following qualifications:
• Previous experience in Cvent Registration System required.
• Experience working within a demanding, fast-paced environment while adhering to very high
• Strong multi- tasking and time management skills, including the ability to effectively
prioritize and execute tasks conforming to shifting priorities and timelines
• Strong computer skills, including but not limited to, webpage content management, Microsoft
Office, and database entry skills
• Strong attention to detail with the capacity to maintain accurate records
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with and relate to
all levels, both within and outside the organization
• Ability to exercise sound judgement when handling a variety of issues
• Takes responsibility for actions, results, and mistakes
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and at least 2-3 years professional experience in meeting
planning or conference services
The Event Technology Specialist will be eligible for the following benefits:
• Medical / Dental / Vision / 401(k) opt in
Applicants must include a cover letter specifically addressing their Cvent experience, organizational
skills and indicate their salary requirements in order to be considered.
About this company
When you choose EMC Meetings and Events, you are partnering with a fast growing, industry leader with over 20 years of event management experience. As a complete event lifecycle partner, we have established excellence in venue selection, technology, marketing and more to create exceptional experiences at high-impact venues worldwide.