SIFMA is the leading trade association for broker-dealers, investment banks and asset managers operating in the U.S. and global capital markets. On behalf of our industry’s nearly 1 million employees, we advocate on legislation, regulation and business policy, affecting retail and institutional investors, equity and fixed income markets and related products and services. We serve as an industry coordinating body to promote fair and orderly markets, informed regulatory compliance, and efficient market operations and resiliency. We also provide a forum for industry policy and professional development. SIFMA, with offices in New York and Washington, D.C., is the U.S. regional member of the Global Financial Markets Association (GFMA). For more information, visit http://www.sifma.org.
SIFMA is currently seeking a Senior Associate, Conferences & Events. The senior associate will serve as conference program manager for SIFMA’s C&L Annual Seminar, Regionals and smaller events across the United States.
- Work with Program Planning Committees, SIFMA Staff, and SIFMA’s General Counsel to coordinate scheduling, program topics and speakers;
- Research keynote speaker ideas and manage speaker invitations and pre- and post-conference logistics relating to speakers.
- Keep program pages on website and mobile app updated with current information;
- Liaise with senior policy staff on topics for major SIFMA C&L conferences;
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with industry leaders, senior executives and regulators;
- Work with program planning committee on compelling copy for session titles and descriptions that grab attendees' attention and motivates them to register;
- Provide marketing and sales teams with highlights, briefs, and other information required to ensure event success;
- Liaise with the conferences team on event logistics as they relate to the program;
- Manage Continuing Legal Education (CLE) application process, credits and distribution of certificates when applicable;
- Coordinate with marketing and other departments on marketing relating to program information;
- Travel (as available) to conferences to act as on-site program director by coordinating all on-site logistic related to program flow, speaker needs, A/V coordination, etc.
- Support development of new modules and initiatives to drive program expansion;
- Support timeline management and assist with meeting target deliverables on schedule;
- Answer incoming 'help box' email promptly, courteously and correctly, forwarding to applicable colleague when necessary;
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
This is not an event logistics role.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 4 plus years of relevant experience. Association experience is a plus;
- Strong analytical thinking skills and a data-driven approach to decision-making and prioritization.
- Ability to forecast and measure using appropriate metrics;
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail; Possess the ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines;
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, & PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel in the United States (15% travel).
- Experience moving major projects forward with minimal oversight, and can adapt to new information, situations and challenges with minimal guidance;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; Possess the ability to pull relevant complex information and simplify it to allow for clear and concise communication. Understand how to target presentation style, written or oral, to different audiences;
SIFMA offers salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package. Please send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com and indicate “Senior Associate, Conferences & Events” in the subject line of your email. EOE.
Location/Region: New York, NY