Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager, Events & Meetings to join our Events & Meetings organization.
- Lead independently or as project manager to plan and execute on events or programs to include but not limited to: project time lines, contract negotiation, fiscal responsibility, budgeting and approvals, data analysis and reporting, innovative event concepts, elevation of the attendee experience, support of agenda development, and logistics management
- Identify, build and maintain strong relationships with multiple stakeholders of aligned business groups, understanding their practice or industry objectives, and help to ensure that service delivery is aligned and fully supports the event goals and firm priorities to ensure successful outcomes
- Manage Events and Meetings team members and colleagues from other internal departments in a project specific capacity to provide guidance and direction on the event or program
- Oversee the management of deliverables with other internal departments and external vendors, to include, but not limited to: contracting and compliance, graphic design and production, marketing, communications, national purchasing, learning operations, campus recruiting and specialty item vendors
- Manage decisions that maintain integrity around firm procedures, compliance and controls, risk management, and independence in vendor relationships while using firm-supported tools
- Drive collaboration with Events & Meetings colleagues to share industry updates, promote best practices, focus on synergies and consistency, and foster a culture of innovation to highlight a client-centric approach
- Minimum five years of experience in events and meeting planning, preferably within a professional services firm
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university
- Strong verbal/written communication, with the ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of responsibility and authority; lead and support an environment driven by client focus and team work and use strong problem solving and organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- CMP or CMM certification is preferred
- Ability to travel up to thirty percent annually
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
Location/Region: Houston, TX