Easy reverse commute from NYC. Company sponsored transportation from NJ local train station to the office.
Great opportunity for a bright and talented meeting professional to join a top corporation. Your role will be to assist the senior meeting planner in all aspects of internal and external meetings and conferences. Approximately 20% domestic travel is required.
This is an in-office position. Candidates requesting a virtual office will not be considered.
Excellent salary and benefits for this level.
- Responsible for coordinating meetings which entails site selection, contract negotiation, onsite management (if needed) and final bill reconciliation with limited supervision.
- Responsible for overseeing the registration process for all conferences maintaining the data on a daily basis.
- Responsible for creating and updating reports for all events.
- Responsible for working with the database to ensure attendee information is updated and correct.
- Responsible for assisting with the reconciliation and payment of all conference and event bills and ensure they are paid in a timely manner. Must be able to create budgets and stay within budget for all meetings.
- Responsible for coordinating hospitality suites and business meetings at industry tradeshows.
- Assist Senior Meeting Planner in locating meeting sites and restaurant venues for events, seminars, town hall meetings and company outings. Send out bid requests and coordinate contract negotiation process.
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining current information on hotels, resorts, conference centers, convention bureaus and outside vendors.
- Handle special projects and assignments for Senior Executives with limited supervision.
- Deliver excellent service and high-quality events as a member of a small meeting planning team. Collaboration, team work, flexibility and willingness to handle even the smallest of tasks are important.
- Travel and assist onsite at conference and events as needed. The ability to travel and operate without on-site supervision is required for site visits and meetings.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience plus three to five years in corporate meeting planning. Insurance or financial services preferred.
- Strong organization, time management and budget management skills.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent PC skills, including Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel, plus event registration and customer relationship management (CRM) software.
When applying...and this is important....
Please include a cover note indicating why you are perfect for this position as well as your salary range expectations.
Location/Region: East Rutherford, NJ