MADISON Performance Group is one of the nation's leading performance improvement companies. We partner closely with Fortune 500 and 1000 clients to design and execute global leading-edge web based incentive programs that increase sales and boost performance.
Madison is currently recruiting an ambitious, dynamic and entrepreneurial individual to join our New York based team as a Meetings & Compliance Project Manager. The ideal candidate should be motivated and possess a strong planning background with excellent organizational, communication and problem solving skills along with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, fun work environment. A proven effectiveness in working with diverse participant groups, completing detailed assignments in the successful planning and implementation of meetings and events for our clients. The ability to multi-task, plan multiple programs and ability to manage program deadlines is a must!
As Project Manager you will be involved in meetings and events of a variety of types and sizes, including but not limited to Congresses, Speaker Trainings, Investigator Meetings, Advisory Boards, Symposia, Other Pharmaceutical Event Management, Conferences and Sales Meetings. This position offers an opportunity to interact with a wide variety of people, managing multiple projects simultaneously. Knowledge of HCP compliance regulations is required.
- Accountable for comprehensive project management of various meetings and events for assigned clients from inception through completion
- Oversee management of overall project timeline
- Establish personal rapport with client representatives as assigned to develop professional relationships and gain clear understanding of client needs and expectations
- Assist in preparing details for sourcing, destination research, budget, general program outline
- Negotiate and contract local vendors as needed, defining the scope of each meeting/event (e.g. ground transportation, entertainment, off-site recreational activities and décor elements via direct vendors and/or preferred destination management companies) as well as addendums and concession requests to support successful events
- Manage (creating, tracking, reporting) budgets for each program while adhering to confirmed budgets, updating with revised information throughout the planning process
- Prepare and/or create program specifications (menus, setups, audio visual) to event locations while adhering to strict guidelines
- Coordinate transportation arrangements for all participants in the most cost-effective and efficient manner inclusive of air travel and between airports and venue
- Manage relationships with vendors, hotel staff, and other partners to ensure delivery of services as defined by client requirements
- Facilitate the creative direction and fulfillment of program related communication materials
- Travel on-site and manage operations team serving as lead representative for suppliers and client
- Manage all associated congress, and ad hoc meeting events/activities
- Ensure compliance with company and client processes
- Program management within Client Event Platform; managing status and associated data throughout program cycle
- Conduct post-event evaluations and reporting while ensuring data reconciliation is complete and accurate.
- Responsible for full auditing and reconciliation of all invoices and presenting the client with accurate final bill
- Knowledge and understanding of HCP Compliance Regulations required:
o Transparency regulations such as Sunshine Act (ie. Fair Market Value, KOL Criteria etc.)
o Support HCP transparency reporting process and program management to ensure compliance with the State and Country Compliance Programs
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with and relate to all levels both within and outside the organization
- Detail oriented with proven initiative and follow-through
- Capability to recognize and address projects with a sense of urgency, ability to meet deadlines, and work with competing priorities.
- Must be a team player
- Ability to work well under pressure, maintain enthusiasm, and high energy while meeting deadlines
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint etc.)
- Proven aptitude for technology and/or software solutions required (e.g., Cvent)
- Strong accounting skills with a track record of budget management and full understanding of client financial requirements and deadlines
- Certified Meetings Professional (CMP) certification strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ Pharmaceutical meeting/program management experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in dedicated client management, outside vendors, sourcing and negotiating contract services
- Prior operations experience in hospitality/travel industry or equivalent a plus
- In Office support required (Manhattan office)
- Ability to travel by airplane, boat, rail and/or car
- This position requires approximately 40% domestic/international travel with some weekends
Reports Directly to the Director of Travel Operations
Location/Region: NEW YORK