Opus Agency has a current opening for a Sponsorship Manager with direct sponsorship fulfillment and tradeshow/expo experience! Remote candidates are welcome to apply; West Coast based applicants preferred.
As a team, we deliver innovative and memorable brand experiences with tremendous impact to our clients. We provide event marketing, management and production solutions to Fortune 1000 companies. Over the last twenty years we have crafted and implemented thousands of exclusive events for global brands that we are proud to call customers. Through strategic consulting and seamless communication, event managers lead each event from contract to successful execution.
Our team is looking for a candidate with great event experience, initiative, and a solutions oriented attitude! This is a great opportunity for a talented, experienced Event Planner to join our growing company.
- Interface directly with client (Show Management) ensuring client needs are met and Show Management exhibit is managed
- Creatively look at a Tradeshow floor and make recommendations on show floor flow
- Must have technical knowledge and experience managing Sponsor accounts and deliverables via an online portal or tracking tool
- Create effective and concise Sponsor facing communications and planning resources
- Scope and manage multi-vendor processes as needed to implement and track sponsor benefits.
- Manage and successfully interface with Sponsors/Exhibitors in areas including but not limited to:
o Benefit Fulfillment
o Booth Selection
o Customer Service
- Manage large scale booth properties in all stages; ideation, development, and onsite execution. Includes managing independent budgets per space.
- Manage Demo Theater spaces is preferred. Work with Expo Manager on the build plus vendors to implement onsite sponsor benefits such as scanning/recording.
- Manage sponsor fulfillment
- Lead multiple weekly planning calls
- Fully grasp and help execute client needs, create a client/partner relationship
- Conceptualize and lead strategic client programs, drive planning process and understand event scope
- Coordination, preparation and compilation of data/information for clients
- Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and clients
- Mentor and guide event managers in professional development and job performance
- Maintains industry knowledge by attending educational workshops or classes; reviewing related publications; establishing networks
- Communicates to team and management of event and operational success
- 5-7 years of experience in event industry
- Must have deep knowledge and understanding of Tradeshows and how they operate from both Show Management and Exhibitor perspective
- Deadline driven individual who can hold others accountable to timeline and deadlines
- 3-4 years of previous project and/or client management experience
- Solid experience with logistics involved with event planning and ability to drive and manage a client
- Understanding of event cycles and management functions, including facility management, production coordination, sleeping room blocks, venue research, site inspections, and creative design
- Expert people skills, particularly influence management and conflict resolution
- Solutions oriented, detail oriented and demonstrates effective multi-task/multi-client management
- Experience with Budget management, financial tracking, contract negotiations
- Excellent computer and technology skills
- Must be self-directed with strong project management
- Familiarity with corporate marketing, including market research, market sizing, pricing, and marketing communications.
- Strong presentation and communication skills, including the ability to comfortably articulate oneself to decision makers at a variety of levels.
- Works well in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Up to 50% of time could be traveling, domestic and international.
Opus offers a choice of three very rich medical programs, dental, vision, FSA, short- and long-term disability, life insurance and AD&D coverage. We also have a 401(k) program and generous profit sharing plan.
Employees enjoy a peer recognition-based “employee of the month” program, onsite showers for the bike commuters and midday fitness fiends, a hand-made Italian espresso machine and chilled keg, free Bagel Breakfast on Wednesdays, a festive lunch once a month hosted by Opus and prepared by a new department each time, holiday functions, and flexible summer hours.
If you like a fast-paced environment, with smart and motivated colleagues, and want to have fun at work, this may be the fit for you!