PEI is an award winning, premium, international media and events business serving a senior, professional readership in the global finance and investment market. In our sectors, we are the market leader. At the forefront of our organization are exceptional magazine brands and other specialist publications - they speak for who we are and how we think and they engage readers in more than 100 countries worldwide.
The PEI Conferences Americas Team runs 30+ events globally on an annual basis in private equity, real estate and infrastructure. These events provide premium content and networking opportunities for the most senior level executives within the three industries.
The Event Operations Manager will report to the Head of Event Operations and oversee the logistics for a portion of 7-10 Events in our NY-Office.
- Manage all logistical arrangements for event portfolio assignments; including the following; direct liaison with venue contact from pre-planning phase to onsite execution. Responsible for food & beverage selections; signage, hotel room block pick-up tracking; pre-print of attendee badge creation & onsite management of registration processes;
- Responsible for P&L cost tracking allotment for each event assignment
- Liaise/Support the Customer Services Team in NY to ensure the delegate registration process for each event is accurate and up to date
- Provide regular feedback and updates on event timeline progress to Head of Event Operations and relevant conference personnel assigned to specific segments of the event.
- Manage delivery of post-conference material to delegates and sponsors.
- Process all conference invoices to ensure prompt payment and facilitation of post-event P&L accounts
- Collaborate with Marketing Team to ensure the conference websites are accurate and up to date with relevant key details
- Manage physical assets of the conference department including laptops, monitors, stands, archives, AV equipment etc.
- Manage third party vendors such as App developer, AV, caterers, photographers, printers, designers, etc. assigned to event
- Post-event reporting on onsite experience and best practices
- Actively work with sponsorship sales to ensure all negotiated deliverables
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of relevant experience, ideally in a B2B conference business and possess strong onsite leadership skills as well as excellent communication skills. Salary is commensurate with experience. PEI offers Healthcare (after 3 months’ continuous employment), 25 days’ holiday per annum + option to buy or sell up to 3 days, Co-contributory SIMPLE IRA after 3 months and a flexible spending account for qualified expenses.