As a Meeting Coordinator, you will be responsible for completing detailed assignments in the successful planning and implementation of meetings and events of for our clients. Supporting our Meeting Planners, you will be involved in meetings and events of a variety of types and sizes, including but not limited to National Meetings, Advisory Board Meetings, Incentive Trips, etc. With more eperience, this position could be a senior meeting coordinator position.
- Coordination of online registration process including tracking and reporting of participants and response rates
- Assist meeting participants with online registration or telephone registration if necessary
- Serve as primary contact for participant calls and questions
- Provide effective and professional client interface and customer service in responding to client questions and requests
- Coordinates all meeting materials preparation including invitations, confirmations, welcome packets, final document mailings, name badges, tent cards, briefing notes, etc.
- Assist Meeting Planners in the development of written materials
- Coordinates participant mailings in accordance with program timetable
- Work with selected vendors on gift selection and other program accessories
- Assists Meeting Planner with physician/speaker availability including confirming availability, coordination of travel arrangements, processing of expenses and honoraria
- Conducts research on various venues and locations
- Conducts space availability searches to accommodate planned meetings and events
- Assists the Meeting Planner in preparation of budgets and proposals. Prepares necessary reports to track project meeting progress including rooming lists, a/d reports, function space grids, meeting evaluations, etc.
- Serve as liaison with on-site travel staff at events
- In accordance with Wg accounting practices, processes all vendor and staff payments and expenses
- Bachelors degree in Business, Hospitality or related discipline or equivalent relevant experience
- Prior experience in all elements of meeting planning. A minimum of 3 years relevant experience is required for Senior Meeting Coordinators
- Pharmaceutical industry experience helpful but not mandatory
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Access, PowerPoint and Excel including proficiency in Excel formulas and mail merges
- Cvent experience preferred.
- Internet literate
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to create professional business documents
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills with the ability to quickly develop trusting, productive relationships with clients, vendors, staff, and all partners
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in managing the logistical details of events
- Ability to adhere to tight timetables
- Possesses a service mindset and works with the client needs in mind
- Able to stay calm, composed and professional, even under pressure, and to maintain effective relationships with staff, clients, participants, speakers, etc.
- Must be willing to travel, including weekend travel, ~30%
This is an in office position - no virtual candidates will be considered.
When applying please include a resume and cover letter note telliing us why you are great for this job and your salary range expectations.
Location/Region: Roseland, NJ