Job Purpose: Responsible for providing a broad range of logistical support for pharmaceutical meeting and convention delivery. Meetings Manager ensures customer's program objectives are met with respect to quality of logistical support and on-time, on-budget delivery. They work directly with customers and internal teams to source, secure and deliver logistical arrangements, including onsite management where necessary.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with customers and internal teams to successfully execute programs according to approved scope of work.
- Manage workflow of assigned meetings and conventions, including but not limited to the below tasks:
- Secure hotel rooms & manage contracted room blocks.
- Source, negotiate and secure compliant meeting and event space.
- Work with client and internal teams to identify and secure any required equipment and staging needs.
- Track program attendance as required using company or client preferred system.
- Send out client and customer confirmations which provide complete logistical information.
- Work with travel agency to coordinate itineraries for client and faculty attendees.
- Coordinate and track all shipments of meeting and convention materials.
- Provide onsite support for meetings and conventions, including pre-meeting prep, day-of project oversight, and post program activities.
- Capture client-specific feedback and preferences post-program to be incorporated in future projects with the client.
- Work with in-house IT team to develop and manage program-specific technologies.
- Build rapport with healthcare professionals and clients through clear, thorough communications.
- Interact with clients and healthcare professionals on-site at meetings/conventions to develop strong working relationships that foster trust and provide opportunity for organic growth of the account.
- 2 years' experience in pharmaceutical meetings and convention management (booths/sponsored events, receptions, and symposium).
- Bachelor's degree required; specialization in meetings, conventions, hospitality, or tourism preferred.
- CMP or CTSM certification preferred.
- Some experience in supporting advisory boards, speaker training meetings, product theaters, or symposiumpreferred.
- Proven experience managing hotel and restaurant contract negotiations, convention room blocks, group and individual transportation, and A/V equipment, lighting and staging.
- Previous experience working directly with pharmaceutical clients and congress/associations.
- Successful experience engaging directly with clients.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with absolute commitment to quality.
- Proficient in MS Office Software, especially Excel and PPT..
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment; self-motivated.
- Ability to participate and interact efficiently on a team.
- Ability to multitask.
Position is full time based in the Pearl River, NY office.
Position requires regular evening and weekend work, as well as a travel to scheduled meetings and conventions (40-50%).
Location/Region: Pearl River