Position: Meeting Planner
Location: Cedar Knolls, NJ
p-value communications is an agency designed specifically to identify strategic needs and develop creative solutions that are delivered flawlessly.
p-value communications works with Pharmaceutical clients throughout the commercialization life cycle of their products. We see ourselves as an extension of the brand team. p-value communications’ Mission Statement is committed to working more intelligently and more efficiently to make a significant difference in your medical communication strategy and execution.
Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities:
The Meeting Planner is responsible for managing all logistics to the high standards of the department to include, sourcing & contracting, food and beverage, room set, rooming list, audio visual, ground transportation and on-site support.
- Conduct site searches, contract review and negotiation
- Manage all logistics/vendors, including venue/hotel, food and beverage, audio visual, room set, rooming list, décor, VIP arrangements, trip directors, ground transportation, budget, and method of payment for meetings
- Negotiate costs with vendors to ensure that the meeting is managed and planned within allocated budget and compliance limits
- Perform all aspects of research and planning, from concept to completion
- Proactively be the “expert in charge” for all logistical responsibilities. Make recommendations and suggestions to enhance value to both project management team and end user client
- Monitor deposit payment schedule for all vendors associated with assigned projects
- Create/customize documents containing basic information and prepare for mailing to all attendees according to necessary timelines
- Work with the travel company and ground transportation company to coordinate meeting attendees’ transportation
- On site management of all staff, vendors and hotel. Act as the liaison between venue/vendor and project management staff/client
- Verify the accuracy of all meeting-related invoices and all pertinent site costs
- Work with project management team(s) to understand the nature/purpose of all assigned project(s)
- Manage special projects as assigned by manager
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-3 years meeting planning experience
- Pharmaceutical experience is preferred but not required
- Ability to multi-task/plan numerous meetings simultaneously while still demonstrating a strong attention to detail
- Willingness to work flexible schedules and/or extended hours to meet clients’ business needs, approximately 25% travel required
- Comfortable working in a team environment, while also able to work independently
- Customer service-oriented with a polished, professional presentation
- A strong sense of urgency and the ability to problem solve
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Cvent preferred but not required
Salary requirements must be submitted with resume to be considered.
Location/Region: Cedar Knolls, NJ