The Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA) has an exciting opening for a Coordinator, Event Sales. This position will coordinate the sale of exhibits and advertising to commercial members and non-members, as well as other affiliated organizations. The Coordinator, Event Sales will have a deep understanding of why organizations should exhibit at the AZA Annual Conference, Mid-Year Meeting, advertise with AZA, and support various activities throughout the year. The Coordinator will be an active member of the Events Team and the Member Services Department, reporting to the Director, Business Development and Marketing. The AZA Annual Conference is held in early September and attracts 3,000+ attendees and 250+ exhibiting companies. The Mid-Year Meeting is early spring and attracts 1,000+ attendees and 35+ exhibiting companies. Travel is required for both.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In collaboration with the Director, Business Development and Marketing, this position is responsible for the:
- Fulfillment of exhibiting, advertising and sponsorship sales for all AZA conferences and meetings.
- Analysis and development of new business strategies for exhibits, advertising and sponsorship, converting prospects into clients across all platforms.
- Management and fulfillment of collateral for exhibit, advertising and sponsorship sales, including the procurement of onsite signage and materials.
- Coordination of ad contracts, artwork, placement and tear-sheet delivery for both conference publications and Connect magazine.
- Customer service, management of email and phone inquiries, as well as in-person support during AZA conferences and meetings.
- Member service support of Commercial members with inquiry and request throughout the year, including the development and delivery of their targeted, monthly e-newsletter.
- Administrative and operational duties supporting the successful acquisition, fulfillment, billing, and revenue collection associated with exhibit, advertising and sponsorship sales.
- In collaboration with the Events Team , develop exhibit hall floor-plans and pre-conference planning materials, including communications, service kits and reminders.
- Administering the sales modules in Netforum and eShow. Ensure accurate record keeping, maintenance and data quality.
- Surveying, analyzing and evaluating performance and trends of all marketing and promotional efforts to grow outside sales for conferences and meetings.
- Providing quality assurance reviews of advertising specs in printed publications.