East West Connection is looking for a Meeting Planner with 5 - 8 years experience in corporate meeting planning to work in our corporate headquarters in Pittstown, NJ. EWC offers a competetive salary, 401K, contributory medical, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, paid vacations, holiday, sick days and personal days. CVENT knnowledge a must. Prior experiece in corporate meeting planning a must.
SUMMARY: This position is primarily responsible for working with all of the account teams at EWC on specific and clearly defined projects. This includes heavy day-to-day interaction with key staff members. The position also requires flexibility and involves interacting with clients at all levels of management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Plans and implements meetings and special events either from beginning to end or tasked with a specific assignment under guidance of Associate Director, Operations, EWC Meetings.
- Participates in project kick-off meetings and meets with Associate Director, Operations, EWC Meetings to discuss assignments and timelines at the start of a project and whom the manager of the project is based on the assignment.
· Manages day to day logistics for meetings and events assigned.
- Directs and coordinates activities with project staff which includes Finance, Legal, Design, IT, Security and Production to outline scope of work, and project plan and timelines.
- Develops and adheres to project guidelines and timelines.
- Recommends strategy based on client goals and objectives.
- Provides team and client follow up to ensure accounts are properly handled.
- Manages a wide range of meeting planning assignments involved in producing an effective meeting ranging from the preparation of trip notes to developing BEOs.
- Creates the management and development of registration sites in CVENT for programs assigned with appropriate personnel.
- Recommends travel staff and may supervise TD’s and other free-lance staff while onsite.
- Travels to meeting locations for site visits at the direction of the Program Manager assigned and/or Associate Director, Operations, EWC Meetings.
- Onsite support for programs assigned and any additional programs requested.
- Manages project budgets for assigned programs.
- Provides reconciliation data for budgets including budget variances, negotiated savings reporting to Program Manager, Finance and the Associate Director, Operations, EWC Meetings
- Prepares billing letter when requested at the direction of management.
- Creates floor plans and seating arrangements.
- Creates F&B grid and reviews Banquet and Event orders for accuracy.
- Understands and follows compliance guidelines.
- Secures AV Requirements.
- Adheres to EWC and client’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Participates in the development of RFP for team as requested.
- Negotiates and reviews vendor contracts, and final bill reconciliation as assigned by the Associate Director, Operations, EWC Meetings.
- Prepares detailed trip notes and meeting details.
· Prepares site visit reports and qualifies meeting space based on program needs when directed to do so.
- Collaborates with EWC staff to ensure the highest standard is delivered to the client.
- Complies with all EWC SOP’s, Policies and Procedures.
- Participates in meetings and follows timelines, alerting Program Manager, the Associate Director, Operations, EWC Meetings when timeline is in danger of being missed.
- Participates in ongoing professional development.
- Participate in training staff as requested.
· Strong customer focus and commitment to providing superior service.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong grammar and syntax skills; strong presentation skills; strong inter-personal skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of associates, senior business leaders, and/or advisors.
- Demonstrates strong detail orientation, process orientation, organizational, and multi-tasking skills; ability to effectively manage an unpredictable workload and meet established deadlines.
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment; initiative to work independently and contribute to department goals.
- Serves as a representative of EWC to the business community on all assigned client’s events.
- Participates in the development of new business proposals and attends new business presentations when requested by EWC Management.
- Other projects, duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Travel is a requirement of this position. 30 to 35% estimated.