WHO YOU ARE
You are a seasoned event professional looking to deliver unforgettable experiences and delight top-tier corporate clientele. You have industry experience, have orchestrated complex events and experiential campaigns and are looking to take your career to the next level. You are a thought starter, you challenge the status quo and are always on the hunt for the next big thing. You push yourself, and your colleagues, to find creative solutions and are always looking to create the next industry trend.
As a Event Manager, you will lead large to mega-scale or complex small to medium-scale events and experiential campaigns, as well as assist on programs of any size. You will work with the world’s most influential brands, leading internal teams, often across several service lines within the agency to strategize and deliver amazing programs. Event Managers creatively lead projects and ensure that client needs are anticipated and exceeded by driving planning schedules, managing budgets and implementing Opus processes to deliver unforgettable experiences.
NOTE: Opus can hire remotely from a limited number of states: AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, ID, IA, MA, MI, MN NJ, NC, NV, OH, OR, SC, TX, WA, WI.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of event management experience
- Management of, at minimum, a 5,000 – person event. Please specify events worked on and role in resume
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) from four-year institution preferred
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Independently manages and supervises all assigned tasks on a variety of large-scale or complex small to medium-scale events and experiential campaigns
- Demonstrates outstanding leadership, expertise, management and consultation skills when conducting business with clients, vendors and Opus team members.
- Exhibits exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to anticipate areas of risk and implement creative solutions
- Effectively manages a high volume of work and consistently provides a high quality of work output
- Responsible for effective and timely communication between internal team, clients, and vendors via phone and email
- Meets on a regular basis with members of project team to discuss project progress, challenges and solutions.
· Works with financial manager to accurate manage budgets, obtains written client approval and maintains timely updates preventing budget overruns and increasing client expenditure awareness.
- Maintains independent working relationships and establishes excellent customer service with clients and vendors.
- Works with vendors in securing needed materials on time, within budget and meeting requested specifications.
- Records/Reviews project time and expenses, ensures clients are invoiced monthly as appropriate, tracks jobs to completion and account closure.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of Opus best practices and overall agency operations
- Actively participates and contributes to department meetings, trainings, initiatives, and committees
- Able to effectively prioritize and delegate to staff above and below this position.
- Maintains clear communication with manager and/or client, regarding special problems or exceptions to policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in weekly staff and department meetings, and able to lead training sessions as required.
- Own and maintain internal best practices and documentation and/or participate on internal projects as assigned
· Train and mentor junior members of the team
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Strategic consultant
- Understanding of event cycles
- Leadership skills
- Relationship builder
- Project / Task Management
- Autonomy / Self-Direction
- Team focused motivator
- Professional written & verbal communication
- Microsoft Office suite program experience (Outlook, Word, OneNote, etc.)
- Displays strong critical thinking, organizational, and analytical capabilities.
- Strong project management skills.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication, presentation skills, email & memo writing.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload on multiple projects & events simultaneously.
- Successfully perform in high stress, fast-paced environment.
- Accept changes with short notice and tolerate frequent interruptions.
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- Work cooperatively with other employees, vendors, and clients.
- Portray professional presence through superior communication, presentation, promptness, and appearance.
- Language Skills - Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to present information and respond to questions from a group of managers, clients, customers, or the public. Ability to interact both on a one-to-one and group basis.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to create, monitor and understand budgets, debits, credits, and reconciliation.
- Reasoning Skills - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Individuals will be required to sit for the majority of the day and will be required to stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. Individuals will be required to travel via airplane, train, taxi, car and/or other means of transportation as needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to areas where those areas require the use of personal protective equipment. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Up to 25% domestic and international
OTHER DUTIES AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the employee a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.