The Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA) seeks a creative, flexible, and entrepreneurial full-time marketing and membership associate director. This is a new position for ADAA and is ideal for a candidate with eight+ years of non-profit or association management experience (specifically membership and marketing related). The position requires a candidate who is excited about making a strategic contribution to the next phase of ADAA’s growth. This position is well suited for a mission driven, dynamic, high energy and highly productive professional with good judgment and instincts. Ideal candidates should be intellectually curious with strong analytical skills.
The Marketing and Membership Associate Director will lead ADAA’s small staff in developing and advancing ADAA’s mission and vision through membership outreach, traditional and e-marketing, social media, external communications, and media relations. Successful candidates will bring outstanding writing and analytical skills and strong interpersonal skills. A key member of ADAA’s leadership team, the Marketing and Membership Associate Director will report to the Deputy Executive Director.
- Develop annual and long-term growth strategies.
- Supervise staff and manage the day-to-day membership tasks and responsibilities.
- Responsible for retention and recruitment efforts (develop outreach strategies to promote the member value proposition, create and measure recruitment campaigns, develop tracking metrics to measure member experience, satisfaction and loyalty.
- Help develop and implement new membership engagement
- Help identify and cultivate new members (identify and develop new membership markets
- Work on the ongoing development and efficiency of the association database and integrity of the data being managed.
- Develop and manage membership budgets and deliver accurate and timely forecasts.
- Help ensure that all membership processes/procedures are effective and efficient.
- Evaluate effectiveness of association strategies (membership category and fee structures, benefits/policies relating to the retention of current members/acquisition of new members).
- Create, implement and measure surveys and other feedback vehicles.
- Manage content and distribution of bi-monthly membership e-newsletter.
- Develop creative and engaging membership marketing materials and liaise with key staff on how best to engage members/non-members and promote continuing education programs.
- Travel to various like-minded conferences to represent ADAA and create strategic relationships.
Marketing and Communications
- Work with Deputy Executive Director to identify and implement programs for generating non-dues revenue streams.
- Coordinate marketing and communications calendars including event calendars, website update calendar, and social media calendars.
- Administer ADAA’s individual giving program and develop strategic plan to further develop fundraising opportunities and revenue.
- Together with the Deputy Executive Director, oversee ADAA’s advertising and business development program.
- Develop strategy, manage, and grow ADAA’s social media
- Manage, promote, and grow ADAA’s consumer-oriented blogs and webinars.
- Help develop marketing content for ADAA’s annual conference and ADAA’s professional webinar
- Review and update website content, including outreach to professional membership for content
- Assist with website redesign (scheduled for fall/winter 2019). Review all website content, assist with vendor research, RFPs and project
- Oversee content development and distribution of ADAA’s monthly consumer focused email newsletter; grow circulation of newsletter.