Do you enjoy working with a talented and collaborative team of diverse professionals from all over the world? If yes, CASSS has an exciting career opportunity for you!
CASSS is seeking an experienced events coordinator who can manage logistics and exhibitor communications for CASSS meetings and events. These meetings will include trade show components, along with event technologies (e.g. mobile app, abstract database, etc.).
Located in Emeryville, CA, CASSS is a non-profit scientific organization that brings together professionals from industry, academia and regulatory agencies globally to solve scientific and technical problems to advance the development of biopharmaceuticals.
The successful candidate is mission-driven, with the initiative to dive in and build a deep
understanding of the organization and our members. She/he will possess a strong desire to contribute to the association’s overall success.
This full-time role will report to the Executive Director.
California Employers Association is the recruiter for CASSS for this role.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven time management skills and the ability to think, plan and execute effectively.
- Requires initiative, strategic thinking and sound judgment.
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Access) along with the ability to learn new programs as required.
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Self-motivated and able to grasp new concepts quickly.
- Team-oriented, and can also work independently.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and able to work well with individuals of all levels, cultural and educational backgrounds.
- Enjoys working in a small office and can work effectively with remote and/or traveling colleagues.
- At least 2 years of related experience; ability to demonstrate achievements.
- BA/BS required.
- Create and maintain exhibitor registration portal, and all exhibitor, program partner and other webpages.
- Work with tradeshow decorator and hotel to plan exhibit and poster hall floor plans.
- Assign exhibit hall and poster board space.
- Manage the sale of additional exhibitor badges and a la carte exhibitor opportunities.
- Collect exhibitor materials needed for each meeting (i.e. certificates of insurance, technical seminar information).
- Oversee exhibitor move-in and move-out.
- Point person for any questions or problems that arise onsite.
- Build strong, positive relationships with existing partners and initiate efforts to identify and cultivate new ones.
- Facilitate regular communication throughout planning process with exhibitor marketing managers.
- Manage exhibitor attendee registration.
- Send payment reminders and provide invoices and receipts.
- Build, test, and deploy mobile application platform for all CASSS meetings.
- Create app marketing suite for each CASSS meeting.
- Oversee meeting app tasks force and incorporate group feedback into technology work plan.
- Create and regularly update meeting webpages for each Forum and Symposium.
- Implementation and manage abstract database.
Support Member Engagement Programs
- Staff liaison for CASSS Connection program. Responsible for implementing programming at select CASSS meetings.
- Organize New Member Breakfast at select CASSS meetings.
Other duties as assigned.
Salary and Benefits
- Compensation: Hourly pay is up to $26.00 depending on experience
- Medical, dental, & vision; employer pays 90% of premium for employee
- Life insurance, employer pays premium
- PTO/PSL allowance
- 401(k) plan
To apply: If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply for this position at CASSS. Qualified candidates, please submit your cover letter and complete resume as soon as possible to email@example.com. Upon receipt of your resume and cover letter, we will contact those qualified candidates to proceed in the interview process.
CASSS is an equal opportunity employer. As such, CASSS offers equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. These opportunities include all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, job placement, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, advancement, and termination. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Search Firm Representatives, please read carefully: CEA is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity.