In the early 1800s, ferries were the only way to get to and around Manhattan. As bridges and tunnels were built, ferry transportation faded. In 1986, Arthur E. Imperatore, Sr. and his family rejuvenated New York Harbor with the launch of the first NY Waterway Ferry. Since then, NY Waterway has carried over 150 million passengers. NY Waterway has the largest ferry and excursion fleet in New York Harbor, but it is still a family business with all the personal attention to service and amenities that it had when it was just "Arthur's Ferry". You are treated like family from the moment you step into our Terminal. Some people say a NY Waterway Ferry Ride is the friendliest experience they have had in New York. We say, "Welcome aboard!"
Our Dynamic and growing Company seeks a Sales & Marketing Coordinator for our in-house special events business- Imperial Riverside Events. Applicant must be enthusiastic in the sales and marketing of our NY Waterway ferry terminals for customer events and for retail vendor sales kiosks, table tops, etc.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: customer and vendor sales prospecting; marketing communications; responding to customer inquiries; arranging for and meeting with potential clients to show our event rental and sales exhibitor spaces; and various administrative duties. Other responsibilities include arranging & giving presentations to potential clients; representing Imperial Riverside Events at industry trade shows and events; creating customized programs & proposals for prospective clients (with all inclusions, pricing, etc.); contract development & management; budget administration and client billing. You must enjoy sales planning and management, marketing and sales administration.
- Good writing & math skills
- Internet and Microsoft Office Suite skills, including basic working knowledge of Excel
- Persuasive sales techniques with tact & diplomacy
- Must possess a positive, very professional image
- Strong commitment to excellence & customer service; ability to liaise with clients to identify their needs
- Collaborative work approach with good speaking and listening skills
- Good organizational skills; can handle more than one event at a time
- Creative thinking, resourcefulness & problem solving
- Good business judgement
- Self-starter, capable of working independently as necessary; excellent time management
- Create summary reports from an event to develop successful future events
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned
BA or BS degree. 5+ years of sales, marketing and/or sales administration experience (preferred).
Math and writing test required.
Salary commensurate with experience and skills.
We offer excellent benefits including, medical, dental, prescription, 401(k) with a match, credit union, buying service, EAP, as well as others.
Interested candidates should send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to
or fax to 201.751-8112. EOE
Please indicate position applying for with submission.
Location/Region: New York, NY