Cornerstone Research is a consulting firm specializing in the analysis of complex financial, economic, accounting, and marketing issues. In recent years, Cornerstone Research has become one of the nation’s leading finance and economics consulting firms with more than 600 full-time staff members across eight offices.
We attribute our success to a unique combination of resources: a creative and energetic staff, cutting-edge research, and our network of academic and industry experts. Our consultants employ innovative problem solving approaches and achieve unparalleled analytic depth.
Cornerstone Research has consulted on a wide variety of projects involving numerous industries. Our clients include law firms, major corporations and financial firms, leading life sciences companies, major participants in energy markets, over one hundred Internet and other high-technology firms, and large telecommunications providers. These companies often have a large percentage of their net worth at stake when they seek our services. As such, our projects receive focused attention from chief executive officers, the general counsel and boards of directors of our clients.
CORNERSTONE RESEARCH’S CULTURE
Our uniquely collegial and supportive atmosphere makes Cornerstone Research a great place to work. Cornerstone Research invests in its people in a number of ways including providing development opportunities and organizing memorable social events. To many, our culture and our people are the most exciting and enriching aspects of a career at Cornerstone Research.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Cornerstone Research is an equal employee opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by law.
The Cornerstone Research Marketing team is looking for a rock star Events Specialist who is creative, collaborative, and has a passion for creating and executing exciting and engaging events. We are looking for individuals with a proven track record for managing events from concept through execution and can represent our brand in a positive and professional manner. Successful candidates will be proactive, organized, and service oriented.
The Events Specialist provides support for the firm’s business development activities. As an Events Specialist you will be responsible for managing the logistical design, development, planning, and execution of assigned Cornerstone Research events and corporate meetings, including client breakfasts, receptions, and dinners; corporate meetings, third party event participation, speaking engagements, industry sponsorship events, and other events as identified. This individual will be responsible to produce very high-end events that align with each event’s objectives. The Events Specialist manages all event logistics, in collaboration with the Events team, Responsible Officer/consulting team, and other marketing team members.
- Serve as the lead project manager for events from initial creative design and pre-planning stages through on-site execution.
- Research, conduct RFPs, and recommend appropriate venues for events, including hotels and resorts, restaurants, bar/lounges, and special event spaces.
- Conduct site visits and site inspections of potential event properties, if needed.
- Prepare PowerPoint visual presentations and/or cost-comparison spreadsheets of venue recommendations, when requested.
- Demonstrate expertise in negotiating contracts to secure favorable rates, terms, and concessions. Work closely with department head and legal counsel to ensure the firm is contractually and financially protected in all contracts and agreements.
- Manage the logistics during the event planning process, including: event timelines, attendee communications/invitations, registration/RSVPs, hotel room block, list management, transportation, food and beverage, function space allocation and room set-ups, speaker
- coordination, AV equipment, print production, and handouts, CLE (Continuing Legal Education)
- credit coordination, shipping, branding, and on-site set-up and supervision.
- Design positive attendee experiences for client receptions and social dinners, including
- restaurant buyouts and/or use of private dining rooms, menu selection with wine pairings,
- floral arrangements, seating assignments, and attendee gifts. Work closely with head chefs,
- wine sommeliers, and restaurant staffs.
- Develop and manage event budgets, track expenses during planning process, review and
- process vendor invoices and wire transfers, and conduct post-event budget reconciliation.
- Maintain a detailed electronic filing system for all events.
- Establish and cultivate strong relationships with hotels, restaurants, and other third party
- providers. Keep abreast of new restaurant openings as well as changes in restaurant ratings or
- head chefs.
This position will be located in our New York, NY office.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in meeting and event management
- Professional services firm or financial services experience is a plus
- Expertise in negotiation and hotel/restaurant contracting
- Strong knowledge of food and wine; experience making menu selections for upscale dinners,
- managing attendees’ food allergies, and working with chefs and wine sommeliers
- A good relationship with hoteliers and knowledge of hotel industry
- A demonstrated ability to make recommendations and influence executives and decision
- Excellent project management skills, time management skills, and ability to manage multiple
- events/projects simultaneously
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) designation is a plus.
- Advanced skills in MS Office required; strong knowledge of PowerPoint a plus
- Budgeting/cost tracking experience required
- InterAction or other CRM experience a plus
- Frequent travel is required; must be able to work extended hours as needed
If there aren't any openings that match your interest, we encourage you to connect with us
so that we may contact you about future opportunities that match your skill set.
Location/Region: New York