Opus Agency is a fast paced, high technology, growing event agency. As a team, we deliver innovative and memorable brand experiences with tremendous impact to our clients. We provide event marketing, management and production solutions to Fortune 1000 companies.
The Event Manager position is responsible for full scale event management, client communications, and internal Opus department coordination for small to medium expos, sponsor management, roadshows, incentives, and other event types as needed. This role will demonstrate excellent client management skills and use effective communication to execute projects across all event components including facilities, financial, and technology management. Critical skills in this position include understanding event cycles, managing budgets, excellent verbal and written communication, and collaboration across internal and external teams.
Please Note: We are giving preference to remote candidates based out of the following states: WA, CA, CA, CO, ID, AZ, TX, GA, OH, and SC.
- Owns specific components/deliverables for the event and drives them to fruition utilizing Opus best practices, appropriate resources and vendors, all while managing tasks within appropriate amount of time allotted
- Creates meeting agendas, collaborating with other team members, facilitates meetings, takes notes and distributes them post-meeting, including action items assigned by person
- Utilizes internal resources, including coworkers, manager and seasoned experts to ask for help, direction, escalate when there is an issue, and always collaborates
- Provides proactive consultation with clients and Opus teammates and manages expectations on the timing of deliverables
- Collaborates with senior leaders to ensure that the consultation and recommendations are in line with what makes the most sense
- At least 5-7+ years of experience producing events, which includes hands-on experience overseeing and also producing core event logistics, such as catering, meeting space, housing, AV production, etc. for events with at least 7,500+ attendees
- At least 3-5+ years of client-facing experience; ability to advise, consult, and resolve any conflict that may arise while still protecting the client relationship
- Understand event industry norms such as:
- Venue contracting – the overall process, including concessions
- Housing – room blocks, shoulder dates, cumulative blocks, and attrition
- Catering – food and beverage minimums
- Bachelor’s degree
- Possess expert judgement and ability to make sound decisions within gray areas
- Budget management experience with direct financial responsibility, ownership, and accountability to others. At the senior manager level, budget experience should be between at or over $500k
- Strong computer and technology skills, especially Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Ability to take initiative to learn and produce high quality work
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously without a reduction in accuracy or quality of work product
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees, clients, vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate with others and work well on a team
- Display a positive attitude in all interactions with internal and external customers
- Actively participate in and contribute to Opus employee bonding activities
- Flexibility and willingness to assist colleagues with projects and tasks outside of job requirements
Opus offers a choice of three very rich medical programs, dental, vision, FSA, short- and long-term disability, life insurance and AD&D coverage. We also have a 401(k) program and generous profit sharing plan.
Employees enjoy a peer recognition-based “employee of the month” program, onsite showers for the bike commuters and midday fitness fiends, a hand-made Italian espresso machine and chilled keg, free Bagel Breakfast on Wednesdays, a festive lunch once a month hosted by Opus and prepared by a new department each time, holiday functions, and flexible summer hours.
If you like a fast-paced environment, with smart and motivated colleagues, and want to have fun at work, this may be the fit for you!