Opus Agency is a fast paced, high technology, growing event agency. As a team, we deliver innovative and memorable brand experiences with tremendous impact to our clients. We provide event marketing, management and production solutions to Fortune 1000 companies.
Opus has an exciting opening for a Tradeshow Manager to join our Event Management team. This position will be responsible for working with a particular high-tech client located in the Bay Area. The TS Manager will work directly with the client coordinating details of the client’s exhibit and sponsorship participation in a series of 3rd party conferences throughout 2018. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of managing the logistics of exhibits ranging in size from small Table Top exhibits to larger 30’ x 30’+. Logistics will include interfacing with the General Services Contractor and Exhibit House to coordinate the client’s creative and logistical presence at the shows ensuring all pre-event details are in place and then travel on-site to supervise installation of exhibit and staff exhibit during the run of the show.
- Creatively and strategically consult with the client on booth flow, general layout, traffic building activities and cost savings.
- Research and secure sponsorships based on client’s sponsorship requirements and as requested.
- Ensure all sponsorship deliverables are met and taken full advantage of.
- Coordinate any details needed such as signage, attendee gifts and badge scanning for client’s speaking opportunities as applicable.
- Coordinate any off-show floor activities such as partner dinners or receptions for 25-100 people as requested by client.
- Understand client’s full exhibiting calendar and how the properties and staff need to be allocated across the calendar holistically.
- Work with Opus and client’s Creative teams to ensure client’s branding requirements are correctly ordered and applied to the exhibit.
- Order Show Service needs for exhibit such as lead scanners, carpet, electrical, material handling, internet, AV, labor, EAC paperwork and Certificate of Insurance submission.
- Consult on and order promotional products as needed.
- Register staff for badges and assist with staff lodging as needed.
- Work with client to build a booth staffing plan for on-site staff and communicate plan to team as required by client.
- Build and maintain all planning documents for the exhibit in a format required by Opus and client.
- Understand and adhere to assigned work hours per event and track and report hours in requested format weekly.
- Work with Exhibit House on booth structure components including round trip shipping.
- Build and track exhibit pre-planning timeline ensuring orders placed timely for maximum cost savings and all client staff and vendors are meeting or exceeding deliverables.
- Lead client planning calls on a regular weekly cadence and provide up to date planning documents and budget updates.
- Travel on-site to supervise installation of exhibit and stay during run of show managing booth traffic and ensuring attendee badge scans. Supervise booth dismantle and packing of misc. boxes ensuring items are shipped properly at close of show.
- Ensure booth scans are received timely post-event and communicated to client in the format of their request.
- Manage to the client’s exhibit budget tracking and reporting constantly through pre-planning, on-site changes and post event reconciliation within 30 days of close of show.
- Create post-event wrap-up documents outlining lessons learned and lead call with client to review wrap-up.
- Maintain full confidentiality of Opus and client’s business practices and financial information.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years direct tradeshow/exhibit management experience.
- Have a thorough understanding of how all components of a tradeshow exhibit work and interact with all applicable vendors.
- Possess an experience level enabling a creative and strategic ability to consult with the client on booth flow, general layout, traffic building activities and cost savings.
- Proven skills in client relationship management.
- Budget management experience with direct financial responsibility, ownership, and accountability to others. Will need to have experience managing Exhibit budgets of at least $150,000 per event.
- Leadership and communication skills needed to lead a team of client exhibit staff and the ability to strategically consult with client on Exhibit Management best practices.
- Clear and direct communication style with excellent time management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced agency environment.
Opus offers a choice of three very rich medical programs, dental, vision, FSA, short- and long-term disability, life insurance and AD&D coverage. We also have a 401(k) program and generous profit sharing plan.
Employees enjoy a peer recognition-based “employee of the month” program, onsite showers for the bike commuters and midday fitness fiends, a hand-made Italian espresso machine and chilled keg, free Bagel Breakfast on Wednesdays, a festive lunch once a month hosted by Opus and prepared by a new department each time, holiday functions, and flexible summer hours.
If you like a fast-paced environment, with smart and motivated colleagues, and want to have fun at work, this may be the fit for you!
Location/Region: Preference given to Bay area applicants