Global Meeting Services (GMS) is a team of professionals who work collaboratively to source, plan, manage, and execute events for various functions across BCG. This is a hands-on, high-energy role focused on delivery and implementation. Team members need to be flexible, team-first professionals.
The objectives of the GMS function are to create the right balance between efficiency, effectiveness, and service while driving down costs and delivering a high quality experience.
The GMS team serves as a strategic advisor and tactical support network to our worldwide clients and regional, and local teams who are also responsible for the delivery of successful events and projects.
BASIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the general direction of the Global Meetings Operations Lead this role will provide conference and event planning for GMS customers worldside. The candidate will operate with minmal supervision and be comfortable working on a global basis. A well developed global network of cotacts is expected.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordination of meetings and events ensuring customer satisfaction in a cost effective fashion.
- Using Excel, produce and prepare pricing analyses and reconcile and allocate budget data and billing related to programs
- Maintain relationships with vendors (hotels, service providers, etc.).
- Establish and maintain a project timeline of deliverables
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders: provide pre-planning logistics management and event coordination as needed to ensure satisfaction of participants while resolving any problems that may arise (pre planning of 10-12 programs a year and onsite support of 4 to 6 programs a year)
- Provide logistical operations for worldwide programs ranging in size from 50 to 150 attendees and support the coordination of services for such events with hotels and local DMC's (destination management companies)
- Develop and support meeting best practices information and materials
BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Business, Hospitality or related field
- 2 to 5 years working experience, preferably with 1-2 years related experience (event management, hotel, DMC, etc). Employment with a professional services firm a plus.
- Organizational skills and ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities; ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail, flexibility, and the willingness to be an active team player
- Excellent time management skills; must work well with deadlines
- Demonstrated customer service orientation; highly responsive
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Fluent in English, German fluency preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (particularly Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)