Opus Agency is a fast paced, high technology, growing event agency. As a team, we deliver innovative and memorable brand experiences with tremendous impact to our clients. We provide event marketing, management and production solutions to Fortune 1000 companies.
Opus has an exciting opening for an Expo Manager to join our Event Management team. This role will be responsible for managing all aspects of the expo portion of programs from inception to execution. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of leading the creation and implementation of innovative activations and solutions, illustrating creativity and out-of-the-box thinking and demonstrating customer obsession. Through strategic consulting and seamless communication, this role builds rapport with the customer and owns the timeline and overall production process for the entire expo with the client, the Opus team, general contractor and venues.
NOTE: Preference will be given to applicants based in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, GA, ID, OH, OR, SC, TX, and WA. We cannot hire applicants from the states of NV or NY.
- Partner with our clients and internal agency team on all things expo to execute on the overall vision and brand
- Execute the details from start to finish drawing from a creative vision
- Maintain a bias for continuous innovation
- Identify best practices and drive initiatives with clients and agency
- Work with multiple stakeholders on the floorplan design for sponsors, and drive the entire planning process
- Manage the overall expo budget in full
- Manage the decorator accounts on behalf of the client, and drive vendor relations/negotiations with them and additional suppliers
- Coordinate all expo related logistics including but not limited to pre-planning, show services, marketing materials, AV production, shipping, technical services, production schedule including dock management and onsite services
- Exhibitor Kit creation in conjunction with preferred decorator
- Event Resource Center management, including email template and task creation, approvals/tracking, reports and registration
- Plan and design of all unique activations on the show floor in partnership with the decorator, include the client booth, lounges, theaters, activity pavilion, charging lounges, etc.
- Create and manage timelines and event deadlines; adjust as necessary
- Participate in weekly sponsor Q&A and customer calls ensuring all notes are captured from each meeting and call
- Create and onsite “expo only” documentation
- Oversee expo builds and expo signage management, including hanging signs/rigging planning
- Manage electrical and internet diagrams and orders
- Plan and manage all expo AV with the preferred supplier
- Manage all orders for overall expo areas, including furniture, accessories, cleaning, labor, food and beverage, shipping, and lead retrieval
- Manage overall EAC and expo security.
- Onsite management of the entire expo from load-in to load-out, with team support, including the client booth, developer lounge, various unique sponsor activations on the show floor, entrance units, and evaluation stations, etc.
- Manage onsite Sponsor compliance
- Create detailed Production Schedule for run of show.
- Work closely with Opus Sponsor Manager to ensure all details cross-communicated and planned.
- 7+ years of experience producing expos, customer management and providing strategic innovative solutions.
- Budget management experience with direct financial responsibility, ownership, and accountability to others. At the senior manager level, budget experience should be at or over $1 million
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Strong computer and technology skills, especially Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Ability to work calmly and professionally in stressful situations
- Strong integrity and commitment to teamwork
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Flexible, goal-oriented, quick learner
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and deliverables simultaneously
Opus offers a choice of three very rich medical programs, dental, vision, FSA, short- and long-term disability, life insurance and AD&D coverage. We also have a 401(k) program and generous profit sharing plan.
Employees enjoy a peer recognition-based “employee of the month” program, onsite showers for the bike commuters and midday fitness fiends, a hand-made Italian espresso machine and chilled keg, free Bagel Breakfast on Wednesdays, a festive lunch once a month hosted by Opus and prepared by a new department each time, holiday functions, and flexible summer hours.
If you like a fast-paced environment, with smart and motivated colleagues, and want to have fun at work, this may be the fit for you!