PURPOSE OF POSITION: Responsible for supporting Event Manager in developing and managing client programs and building client relationships. You must have excellent knowledge and understanding of the meeting planning process, especially with organizing and managing small and large meetings. Travel is required for this position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under very limited direction, provides independent high-level support to meetings and events clients including venue sourcing, budget development, ideation, on-site management and final reconciliation.
- Experience managing Rooming Lists; including ensuring list is provided to hotel and is updated along with upgrades, early check-ins, etc. rooms are pre-keyed, room checks performed, managing room drops, etc.
- Perform vendor sourcing (ex. Speakers, talent, décor, etc.) and preparing recommendations; making purchases, communicating instructions and on-site vendor management.
- Shipping Management (requires an understanding of timelines and hotel shipping procedures) including maintaining an updated manifest, following tracking numbers, escalating missing items, providing information to hotels, etc.
- Transportation Manifest Management including acting as point of contact for transportation details throughout program and communicating with client or speakers to obtain flight information for transfers, researching pick-up times for returns based on destination (domestic versus international),
- Print Materials Management including creating initial print list, managing changes, proofing, delivery to site, etc.
- Assisting other Coordinators and/or Managers as needed.
- Candidates must be able to travel 30-50% of the time and work well in a team environment.
- Must be self motivated and able to work with little direction
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Degree in related field and/or 3-5 years experience as Event Coordinator
- Proven expertise in the development and maintenance of client relationships and customer service expertise.
- Must have good computer skills including Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of event and meeting management.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in fast-paced environment through time management and organization.
- Willing and able to work a schedule that differs from standard office hours, sometimes with limited notice.
- Able to travel as required.
About this company
Corporate Dimensions is a (17) year old, full service Meeting, Event and Trade Show Company headquartered in Media, Pennsylvania.
Our only business is face-to-face event marketing…with a singular focus on helping our clients meet their important business and marketing objectives. Our team has over 30 years of combined experience in strategic planning for meetings, events and exhibits. The Corporate Dimensions signature represents a meticulous passion for detail. We strive for perfection, excellence and creativity in all aspects of our client’s projects, from the initial creative concept, through design, production and management of every element.
Our work takes us across the globe. We serve multi faceted clients in many different industries. This is a fast paced environment with an exceptional team. We work hard, we work smart and we are all passionate about the meetings and events industry and more importantly about exceeding our clients' expectations everyday.