IME Connect is a meeting and incentive planning company located in Parsippany, NJ. We are seeking a Sourcing Manager, Meeting/Conferences for our pharmaceutical client, Allergan, and this position will be located in Madison, NJ. A hybrid Madison/remote option will be considered for the right candidate. Interested candidates should be aware that this is a long term contracted position that includes medical and dental benefits through IME Connect.
The Sourcing Manager, Meetings/Conferences will assist in implementing Allergan’s global sourcing strategies associated with our business partners across various meeting categories. The role will work closely with cross-functional teams within the organization.
The Sourcing Manager, Meetings/Conferences will work with numerous teams within the company. Mainly, Corporate Travel, Procurement, Meeting Planning, Legal, and Compliance. In collaboration with these teams, this role is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Strategic Sourcing: Assist in the development of sourcing strategies for meeting services including preferred vendor partnerships and suppliers. This includes the review of business partner requirements with the meeting planning team and meeting stakeholders, adherence to venue selection guidelines, documentation of assessment criteria, evaluation of suppliers, and the contracting of select suppliers. Sourcing for all meeting related suppliers to include, but not limited to hotels, offsite venues, food and beverage, audio visual/production, transportation, destination management companies, etc.
- Request Proposals: Prepare, finalize, and distribute requests for proposal to meeting services suppliers. Manage the receipt and internal distribution of supplier responses.
- Negotiate Agreements: Negotiate supplier agreements to ensure high quality, provide clarity, obtain competitive costs, document timelines and mitigate risk.
- Contract Management: Develop relationships with peers in the meeting planning department and with our suppliers to ensure clear communication; create an environment of partnership, and agree to contractually committed levels of service, quality, delivery and cost savings.
- Requirement Definitions: Proactively work with meeting planning team to identify sourcing and contracting requirements prior to supplier communications.
- Process and Template Development: Assist in the creation, communication, and management of contract management processes and agreement templates.
In alignment with Allergan’s core competencies, the employee will be expected to demonstrate the following behaviors and abilities:
Deliver Business Results: (1) Understand Allergan’s business requirements, clearly include these within supplier RFP’s and contracts, and ensure that suppliers execute as committed, (2) Establish clear goals priorities, and actions plans with the suppliers and internal teams and ensure that the processes and metrics are in place to achieve each, (3) Demonstrate and apply functional knowledge, experiences and management skills to promote team performance and continual improvement across the organization’s work with meeting services suppliers.
Enhance Organizational Performance: (1) Foster clear, consistent, and open collaboration across the extended Allergan supplier teams, (2) Identify and pursue new ideas and constructive change to support improved execution from both Allergan and our meeting suppliers.
Demonstrate Personal Leadership: (1) Act with integrity, initiative and sound judgment to reinforce trust, professionalism and commitments, (2) Communicate regularly, openly, and effectively both within Allergan and to our suppliers, as appropriate, (3) Inspire and empower the Allergan team and suppliers, as appropriate, to achieve and exceed objectives.
Develop Human Capital: Continuously develop self and others through both formal and informal training, communication, and development opportunities in the support supplier performance, governance, relationships, and assessments.
- Minimum five years in one or more of the following areas: strategic meeting sourcing, meeting planning, hospitality industry or meetings-related field
- Experience using Cvent Event Management Software for Venue Sourcing through the eRFP Management Tool
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both internally within the organization and externally with suppliers and partners
- Business/financial acumen
- Ability to lead, motivate, and influence at all levels of the organization
- Ability to understand the factors affecting the finances/operations of suppliers
- Provable supplier relationship management skills, including the ability to foster and leverage professional relationships in a cooperative and collaborative manner
- Ability to identify and solve complex contractual process and operational business challenges
- Clear understanding of meeting supplier business, including financial drivers and competencies
- Ability to travel: 15-20% annually, primarily domestically
No relocation package is being offered.
Interested candidates should include a cover letter highlighting your experience as requested above, be sure to include your current salary and desired salary to be considered.