Opus Agency is a fast paced, high technology, growing event agency. As a team, we deliver innovative and memorable brand experiences with tremendous impact to our clients. We provide event marketing, management and production solutions to Fortune 1000 companies.
We are currently looking to fill multiple mid to senior level Event Manager positions. The more senior level roles are open to the possibility of remote work (if you are based out of the following states: CA, GA, ID, OH, SC, TX, WA). These positions are responsible for full scale event management, client communications, and internal Opus department coordination for small, medium and large expos, sponsor management, roadshows, incentives, and other event types as needed. These roles will demonstrate excellent client management skills and use effective communication to execute projects across all event components including facilities, financial, and technology management. Critical skills in this position include understanding event cycles, managing budgets, excellent verbal and written communication, and collaboration across internal and external teams.
- Works as event lead in internal and external meetings, planning, and execution process
- Manages team staffing, onsite execution, project plan and milestone management
- Manage and provide support for all areas of facilities management including catering, electrical, internet, meeting space and sleeping room blocks for small to large programs
- Provides high level management and oversight of event services, from air travel, contract vendors, transportation, staff management, registration support, sponsorship management, and site visit
- Approve and manage event budget, monthly reporting, closeouts, sponsorship funds, and cost saving reports
- Manage and provide consultation on overall technology needs
- 3-7+ years of experience in event industry
- Types of events – all types, all sizes
- Demonstrated event project management communication skills internal and client facing
- Expertise with all event components
- 3-4 years of previous project and/or client management experience
- Self-directed and able to manage team
- Experience with Budget management, financial tracking, contract negotiations
- Excellent computer and technology skills
- Solid experience with logistics involved with event planning and ability to drive and manage a client
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Ability to take initiative to learn and produce high quality work
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously without a reduction in accuracy or quality of work product
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees, clients, vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate with others and work well on a team
- Display a positive attitude in all interactions with internal and external customers
- Actively participate in and contribute to Opus employee bonding activities
- Flexibility and willingness to assist colleagues with projects and tasks outside of job requirements
Opus offers a choice of three very rich medical programs, dental, vision, FSA, short- and long-term disability, life insurance and AD&D coverage. We also have a 401(k) program and generous profit sharing plan.
Employees enjoy a peer recognition-based “employee of the month” program, onsite showers for the bike commuters and midday fitness fiends, a hand-made Italian espresso machine and chilled keg, free Bagel Breakfast on Wednesdays, a festive lunch once a month hosted by Opus and prepared by a new department each time, a summer BBQ series, holiday functions, and flexible summer hours.
If you like a fast-paced environment, with smart and motivated colleagues, and want to have fun at work, this may be the fit for you!
TO APPLY: Please visit our Careers page at http://www.opusagency.com/careers and apply for the "Event Manager" position. Please do not apply via email.