This position will be based in Atlanta, GA and would be perfect for an Event Manager with a minimum of 4 years event-related experience working for a third-party event management company producing corporate meetings and events across the US and in some international venues.
We feel we do some of our best work when collaborating. We are dedicated to enhancing the knowledge of our more junior members which requires face to face time. There is currently flexibility to work from home 2 days per week, however, this is not a virtual position. If you have the experience, enjoy working with a professional team, like a small company atmosphere with big company benefits then please complete the application process right away!
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Responsible for managing client programs and building client and participant relationships. Coordinates a number of variables including vendors, materials, etc.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and maintain relationships with each client. Develop and manage client expectations and timelines of each program.
- Manage sourcing, negotiations, contracts and changes with client, suppliers, and internal staff.
- Supervise production of printed materials and mailings such as signage and other program materials.
- Manage the profitability of the program. Develop new business with client whenever possible.
- Manage all internal processes and timelines including final billing closeout files.
- Leads the on-site team, including internal and external vendors both during load-in and the event.
- Maintain improvement suggestions for the next program.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Degree in related field preferred
- 4 years corporate event management experience working for a third-party meeting management company.
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Excellent total project management with multi-task capabilities;
- Excellent relationship-building skills including a team-oriented, positive approach
- Ability to make quick judgment decision utilizing program knowledge and experience.
- Utilize strong organizational and time management skills.Proficient in Word, Outlook and Excel; working knowledge of Cvent Event Registration building system or similar system such as SignUp4
- Must be able to use telephone and computer without assistance
- Ability to handle and lift packages in excess of 10 pounds
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Must be able to use office equipment such as printers, copy machines, fax machines without assistance.
Location/Region: Cumberland Mall/Galleria Area