Manager, Guided Tours and Group Sales
The Manager, Guided Tours and Group Sales is responsible for all activity related to the Lincoln Center guided tour program and group sales, including creating revenue and expense projections, overseeing daily cash operations and reporting, and recruiting and managing staff of union-represented tour guides. S/he will participate in the evaluation and continued evolution of the guided tours program and will develop group sales policies and practices to cultivate new audiences. Performs related duties as assigned, including occasional evening and weekend hours.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Evaluate, research, and propose guided tour content
• Recruit, train, and manage approximately 30+/- paid, union-represented tour guides; administer policies and practices in accordance with collective bargaining agreement; continually evaluate tour guide staff and provide professional development opportunities
• Supervise Coordinator, Guided Tours and Group Sales
• Manage the guided tour program budget (including annual revenue and expense projections and analysis), maintaining fiscal health of program while actively working towards a growth model; supervise daily accounting and cash management and ensure completion of end of year closing reports and quarterly financial updates
• Develop marketing and promotional initiatives that build new audiences and expand annual tour takers
• Implement surveys and other mechanisms to collect qualitative and quantitative tour metrics
• Cultivate and maintain constituent relationships to increase tourism collaboration and access across campus
• Identify new markets and think creatively to develop rich content for tours specific to target audiences
• Manage operations and sales of group tickets to Lincoln Center performances; includes sales calls/outreach, partnership cultivation, order processing and fulfillment
• Identify and solicit new target interest groups based upon performance options
• Coordinate the production and distribution of sales-related materials
• Serve as group sales liaison to the Lincoln Center Box Office and Lincoln Center resident organizations
SUPERVISION RECEIVED OR EXERCISED
Reports to the Assistant Director, Tourism and Group Services. Supervises Coordinator, Guided Tours and Group Sales and 30+/- paid, union-represented tour guides.
• 2 to 3 years of group sales experience at cultural organizations or in the hospitality/travel and tourism industries
• Superlative customer service and personnel management skills, with a history of successfully managing, motivating, and evaluating a diverse staff
• Demonstrated sales experiences, with a background in cash handling and financial management preferred
• Comfort with public speaking; outgoing personality
• Adept at creating and running effective training sessions; museum education experience helpful
• Knowledge of ticketing software preferred
• Maintain a level-head and exercise good judgment and a high level of discretion
• Positive, problem-solving attitude essential
• Adept at multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
• Detail-oriented with excellent organizational/follow-up skills
• Foreign languages a plus
• Weekend, evening, and flexible hours as necessary
• Computer proficiency including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access
Please submit a resume and cover letter (with salary requirements and outlining your interest in Lincoln Center) to the email@example.com inbox. Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Please list Manager, Guided Tours and Group Sales in the subject line.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly.
Lincoln Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. LCPA is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
About this company
Lincoln Center (Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts) serves three roles: world’s leading presenter of superb artistic programming, national leader in arts and education and community relations, and manager of the Lincoln Center campus. In addition, LCPA is leading a series of major capital projects, now nearly complete, on behalf of the resident organizations on campus.